Emmanuel Baptist Church (EBC) was organized by 78 people, on January 31, 1947, at the Phyllis Wheatley YWCA, in Little Rock. The Reverend W. O. Lindsey served as chairman of that meeting and Sis. Norena W. Wells Porter served as its secretary. The persons present were enrolled as members of the newly organized congregation and chose “Emmanuel Baptist Church” as church name, taken from the meaning of Emmanuel (God with Us). Psalm 100 was chosen as the theme scripture for the congregation and “How Firm a Foundation” was the original hymn chosen. The Rev. Emmanuel C. Dyer was elected as pastor.
In 2006, Rev. Al B. Morgan was elected as EBC’s sixth pastor. He was officially installed on March 19, 2006. Under his leadership, the annual revival services was initiated, and the annual community fair (clothing, school supplies, and food giveaway, and public safety, security and health awareness information distribution) began. Also while under Pastor Morgan’s leadership, EBC installed a wheelchair lift, provided ongoing educational scholarships to members pursing higher learning, installed a computer lab, refurbished the infant and toddler nursery, and made general infrastructure improvements and repairs throughout the church building. Throughout Pastor’s tenure, EBC continues to sustain its membership levels and our member participation in ministries and church efforts continues to increase.
Emmanuel Baptist Church has been blessed by God throughout it's 72-year history.
All Hail King Jesus!
All Hail Emmanuel!
Emmanuel Baptist Church